So you’ve met a great guy. You’ve been spending time together over the past month or two, and you want to get serious. You feel the need to “DTR” – define the relationship! But part of you knows that it is not a good idea to go there and that you might be asking just because you are feeling insecure. What to do? Below is a checklist of 7 signs that your guy wants to be your boyfriend that just might save you from having the dreaded DTR conversation.
1. He shows you his vulnerable side – Maybe he opens up about his feelings or perhaps he shares one of his “guilty pleasures” with you. If a guy is telling you about how his rescue dog rescued him or showing you his secret obsession with bluegrass, he is definitely interested in you!
2. He is proud to be associated with you – We’ve all had this happen. We’re out with a guy we’ve been seeing, and run into someone he knows. Does he introduce you? What is his body language? A guy who wants to be your boyfriend will gladly introduce you and show signs that he is proud to be with you, like making physical contact and smiling at you. A guy who does not want to be your boyfriend will just gesture towards you and call you his “friend”, if he introduces you at all.
3. He initiates communication – He will text you or call you just to check in. He will ask you how your day is going or mention an inside joke that you share. If he’s not busy, he’ll always text you back. He won’t play games and wait forever to text.
4. He asks for your advice – Whether it’s clothes or life advice, he not only wants your opinion, but values it. And he is willing to try it on for size!
5. He talks about the future – Whether it’s an upcoming date, concert, or camping trip, he talks about a future and and plans fun times and experiences for the two of you.
6. He plans real dates – He wants to impress you. If he is really vying for your attention, he’s going to do more for you than just invite you over for “Netflix and Chill.” And we’re not talking fancy dinners here. He will plan fun or meaningful experiences that you can share together, or he’ll plan dates that will introduce you to a part of his world.
7. He’ll make it a priority to spend his available time with you and accommodate your schedule – A true marker that a guy wants to be your boyfriend is that he’ll accompany you to where ever because he just wants to be with you. He is up for whatever and willing to do what you need to do, including running errands, otherwise he wouldn’t get any time with you that day.
Now that you know the 7 signs that he is into you, how does your Mr. Possible stack up?